Friday, November 7, 2008

Zubis Rises

Synopsis:
Zubis is among the last of the race of djinn who remain on earth. Cursed by King Solomon three thousand years ago, the genie must fulfill a third wish before he is released from bondage to the House of Saud. Once free, he will unleash the captive djinn of Jinnistan to unseat the hierarchy of humans. Bethany O’Brien, an editor in Washington, D.C., is bound to Zubis by an ancient betrayal. She will have to salvage her existence as the Asima Uruk so that she can destroy Zubis. Those same memories reveal a conspiracy that implicates Bethany and challenges everything she believes. The key to her redemption is recorded within the rituals of three world religions. The Middle East becomes the center of a struggle for the third wish that will strip truth from desire and set world governments on the brink of disaster.

Review:
It took me a while to get into this book. It seemed to drag on a bit in the beginning but, then, all of a sudden, it picked up and was in full swing. It got to the point when I couldn't wait to get to the end to find out what happens. K.F. Zuzula really did create a wonderful book and did a great job combining to worlds, two times, and two cultures.

I feel as though if I say to much about this book, I could give away an aspect that shouldn't be said. But let me just say that this book is such an adventure you will want to read at superhuman speed. There is an aspect of mystery to everything; at some points you can kind of predict what might happen, but then you are handed twists that completely change the outcome. And let me just say, I was not expecting the end at all. AT ALL.

Overall I think this was a good book, not one of my favorites, not one that I will read over and over, but definitely good. For readers who are actually young adult I don't not recommend you picking this one up. For all of you others...I suggest it if you like mystery and adventure!

1 comment:

Okie said...

Sounds like an interesting book that perhaps tries to push beyond the boundaries of a simple thriller/mystery by pulling in heavier themes of religion and politics. I can see where it could potentially conflicting with itself in terms of whether to be exciting and adventurous or being somber and thoughtful. I'm putting it on my 'maybe' list. :)